A.G.A.T.A.-Associazione Guide ed Accompagnatori Turistici Autorizzati del Friuli Venezia Giulia was officially founded in 2000 before a notary (by Victoria Sfiligoi, as president of the association, who passed away in 2002 to our great regret). It is a non-profit association having the following purposes:
- protection and defence of this profession,
- touristic promotion of the artistic, historical, cultural and environmental wealth of Friuli Venezia Giulia,
- activities meant to coordinate professional figures operating within the association,
- touristic counselling activities and organization of events on behalf of public or private bodies,
- teaching activities in professional training courses and lectures.
Antonella COMELLI is now president and legally represents the association.
Most members of the association works as tourist guides in the whole Friuli Venezia Giulia region, as well as tour leaders. They have many years of professional experience and know the main European languages; the relationship between our association and free-lance outsiders are based on common deontological rules regarding the profession.
We are members of A.N.G.T. (Associazione Nazionale Guide Turistiche) and thus members of F.E.G. (Fédération Européenne de Guides Touristiques).
- Cooperation with regional organizations to handle tourist information services in Trieste offices and various premises opened during the touristic season, such as Muggia and Sistiana (TS) up to May 2005;
- Verona 83-Stagehand for booked guided tours in the Historical Museum of Miramare Castle (TS) - 2004 to 2010;
- Azienda Speciale Villa Manin di Passariano (UD) for booked guided tours during an important exhibition of Giambattista Tiepolo's works of art (14th December 2012 - 7th April 2013)
- Agenzia Regionale Turismo FVG for guided tours to individual tourists in Aquileia, Cividale del Friuli and Trieste in 2009 and 2013 (continuing in 2014, also in the Venetian fortress of Palmanova).
Specialization and professional training courses attended to by some of our guides:
- KLAGENFURT (Austria) within the INTERREG-U.E. project for tourist guides in CARINTHIA, SLOVENIA and FRIULI VENEZIA GIULIA (“ALPE-ADRIA GUIDE”);
- UDINE “LE GUIDE TURISTICHE IN CANTINA”, lectures on wine-making activities, by the Azienda Ricerca e Formazione/Chamber of Commerce of Udine and Movimento Turismo del Vino Friuli Venezia Giulia.
A.G.A.T.A. also helped organize and / or handle courses to update or train professionals in the field of tourism, also with the help of MUSEO OMERO (Ancona) as regards accessible tourism, to offer guided tours in museums and various sites accessible to handicapped visitors, an activity we started dedicating time and attention to years ago.